How Often Should You Expect to Get Air Conditioning Service Done?
Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Asheville summer, have the specialists at 1st Choice Service Group Inc complete your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call 1st Choice Service Group Inc today at 828-551-2913. You can even use our online scheduler to arrange an appointment for your maintenance visit.