Getting Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Asheville is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While 1st Choice Service Group Inc consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call 1st Choice Service Group Inc in Asheville at 828-551-2913 today. Or, schedule an appointment with us using our convenient online scheduler.